Friday, October 22, 2010

Early Halloween

Yesterday, in class, Mrs. Penny asked the kids what they were going to dress up as for Halloween. There were many Transformers, princesses, and cheerleaders; but there was one lone cricket! Hahaha I can't even remember which kid said that, although I do remember that it was a girl...weird.

Also on a bit of a Halloween note, one of my little girls, who I have mentioned before, Karly, needed some help putting her shoes and socks on, which is pretty normal after rest time. She always makes a comment about her feets not wanting to wake up. I told her to tell them to wake up, and she did. Before I share her comment, let me mention how sweetly she speaks to people. For example, one morning I overhear her telling her best friend in the class, "Girl! You rock! You're a rockstar!" Her face is extremely animated when she tells stories or anytime she's speaking. She wears darling outfits, and always a bow in her hair. I mean, this little girl is the epitome of "Sugar and spice and everything nice; that's what little girls are made of." So imagine my surprise when Karly wakes her feet up by saying, "Feets! Wake up!", in a growly monster voice, and then keeps talking to me that way. I was beside myself in laughter, to say the least!

No comments: