Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Day of Treasures

Some days are filled with many precious moments, and others nothing to write home about, however today was a GOOD day for silly quotes, so let's just cut to the chase...

"Mrs. Jess, you look good. You look good." Yes, said by a sweet little boy, after I shed my warm sweater, and adjusted my shirt. Apparently, I looked self-conscious. It's nice to know I have a friend...who is 3. :)

Future professions of one of my little girls: Mermaid. Another little girl wants to be a cheerleader when she's 10 and a princess when she's 20.

The kids were talking about age for some reason during lunch, so I asked how old they thought I am...the consensus: 45, maybe 43. They seemed to be more shocked when I told them I'm 23. Go figure.

A funny little conversation I overheard during center-time:
Boy 1: Well, you can't come to my birthday party.
Boy 2: That is not nice!
Boy 1: If you know, "God is bigger than the boogie man", then maybe you can...
Boy 2 sings all the words, as Boy 1 chimes in....with arms around each other, thus Boy 2 is invited to the birthday party, and me, too, because I hummed along.

And this last one is technically from yesterday, but too priceless to leave out. One of the little boys half-way wakes up early from rest time, looks around and then focuses on me. "Mrs. Jess....are there bugs on my bed? Are there bugs on my bed? Are there bugs on my cot?!" Said at an increasingly rapid pace and more worried each time. I assured him there were no bugs, and he proceed to ask if he could go to the bathroom once reassured. Bless his terrorized little heart!

1 comment:

KristinStinnett said...

had he heard you telling s/o about Joy K's bed bug drama?? Bless his heart!!