Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Welcome Back!

In my anticipation for school to start after a week long Thanksgiving break, I expected little hilarity Monday, especially on such a rainy day. Much to my surprise, this group of kids surpassed my expectations with these little treasures.

I was taught a new song during potty patrol. I was standing just outside the doorway of the bathroom, when I hear this catchy little tune, (I will gladly sing it for anyone who requests a reenactment)
"I see your hiney,
 So bright and shiny.
 You better hide it,
 Before I bite it."
I walk in and see sweet Tess, pants down, bobbing around, watching her show in the mirror that is conveniently located on the wall opposite of the toilet. Immediately, I asked her, "Tess, will you please teach me that song?!" Obviously, my wish was granted. After school that afternoon, I told Tess to tell her dad what song she taught me. She whispered what song she had sung, to which he replied, "We are famous for all the wrong reasons."

And, while that story has enough funny to stand on it's own it didn't stop there. I learned, from Ivan, that 'Silent Night' is about a flag that goes around. The girl set of twins told me that their Mom is Christmas now, or something relatively similar about their Mom now being Christmas somehow. It was on a much higher level of thinking than I'm used to. Tess has also begun to fret that Santa will not bring her anything, because her aunt gave her the Barbie that she was wanting; and even though she would like a pillow pet, Santa will not bring her one since she already got the Barbie. It is getting very dramatic! I have also heard so many references to making a Christmas list in the last 2 days, that I just quit keeping track of who said what. It will be December tomorrow. Tomorrow, and I've lost track of everyone's Christmas wishes. Ho ho ho.

No comments: