Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast

Happy Thanksgiving! (early)

Here are some things to get you in the mood for the holiday:

While reading a Thanksgiving story, Tess asked Mrs. Penny why the boy had polka dots on his face. He wasn't sick, he just had some freckles. ha

I asked one of the more creative minds how pumpkin pie is made. You need some sugar, carrots, salt, crust, and then mix it up. Voila! Pumpkin pie. I can almost taste it. :)

We had a black out pep rally this morning, where all the lights are out and the cheerleaders distributed glow sticks to all the kids. You would've thought it was Christmas. Shrieks of joy deafened our ears. One 1st grader behind me, blew up her glow stick from bending it too much. Glow juice was everywhere. My kids kept whacking each other in the head while cheering for the cheerleaders and football players. I had to discourage my broken-legged girl not to chew on her glow stick. She didn't think it would poison her, but then again, what do I know?

Great send off into Thanksgiving break. What a boring week a head for me...

No comments: