Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pilgrim Hats

We made pilgrim hats after rest, today. Ivan (I know) was struck by the beauty of one of the little girls, Maria. He told her she looked so pretty, and also said, "Maria, you just have to marry me.", as he followed her around the room. Upon hearing this, sweet Tess asked Karl (the one who calls me Miss Jedika) to marry her. Unfortunately, he declined her offer. "I don't want to marry you, Tess!" She took it well...she got distracted and forgot about her rejection in moments. Kids are so resilient.

As I have claimed before, the bathroom is where it is the funniest. The children involved will be remain nameless, you'll see why. When the kids woke up from rest time, one boy had had an accident, so I sent him into the bathroom to change. One little girl slipped in the bathroom to relieve herself. When I walk in the boy is pant-less, and the little girl is sitting on the toilet. Could be worse, right? I quickly block the girl from seeing "something", and get his extra clothes out...underwear first. Then I notice the small spot on the bottom of his shirt. Full wardrobe change. The boy whips his shirt off as I'm getting his pants unfolded, so he's just in his undies; the girl is ready to wash her hands but frozen on the stool, in curiosity. Standing on the stool gives her enough height to notice the pant-less boy. Thus the following question, as the boy's back is turned to her, "What is in the front?"
Boy: "Legs."
Girl: "Of your whole body..."
Boy: "Oh, you mean my race cars?" (the pattern of his underwear)
She was instructed to wash her hands the fastest she ever has in her short life, and I'm left wondering how she noticed his nudity around my body sitting on a stool, too. Tricky kids.

No comments: