Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Snarky Comments

You know those times when you ask a rhetorical question, and someone answers anyway. Yeah, 3 year olds always answer, too. And I know their intent isn't to be smart alecks. I mean, you can't blame them, they love to show off their smarts.

Example 1: It was one of those days when the kids must have had straight sugar for breakfast, and we're feeling more rambunctious then usual. They were not listening for anything, so Mrs. Penny posed the question, "When Mrs. Penny is talking, are you supposed to be talking?"; the kids chorus, "No". So, then she asks them, just to be clear, "Who else should be talking while I'm talking?". The answer: "God". (I turned around and excused myself to the bathroom to laugh.)

Example 2: Every month the kids are taught a new memory verse or two, so November 1, we began to learn Psalms 118:1 "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Mrs. Penny asked the kids when God's love will end, hoping for an answer about His love lasting forever. Nope. A little girl pipes up and says that God's love will end today . A rewording was in order, I think.

No comments: