Monday, May 9, 2011

Caught in the Act

It isn't uncommon for the kids to impolitely remind me of things I do or don't do according to themselves. Like, if the napkins aren't passed out in 5 seconds flat, someone is so kind to remind me that they don't have a napkin and the implication that it must be a malicious act against him or her, is made obvious.
The other day I had a similar kind of moment. I was reminded, however, not about something that I had forgotten per se. It was one of those mornings that the class was having a hard time listening, and certain kids needed firm reminders of behavior. After scolding one rascally kid, sweet Kameron looks up at me and asks if I am done being mad. He got me. Now, I wasn't mad really, just trying to enforce the use of kind words or obedience, which occasionally requires a not-so-friendly voice. I definitely made a point to make my happiness known the rest of the day.

No comments: